The EUBIONET III project aimed to increase the use of biomass based fuel in the EU by finding ways to overcome market barriers.
- National biomass programmes and biomass fuel potentials were analysed especially for different industrial residues and agrobiomass.
- International trade of biomass fuel was promoted, price mechanisms were analysed and new CN codes for biomass fuels were being proposed.
- Certification and sustainability criteria for biomass fuels were set in co-operation with market actors.
- Implementing of new CEN standards for solid biofuels was enhanced.
- Bioenergy use was promoted by raising awareness on biomass heating aiming at fuel switch to biomass.
- The appropriate use of biomass resources was assessed by analysing raw material availability within and between bioenergy, forest industry and agricultural sectors.